Date: Mon, 23 May 88 20:55:28 EDT
From: rang@cps45x.cps.msu.edu (Anton Rang)
To: info-vax@kl.sri.com
Subject: Compressing mail (problems with it)

  There is one obvious solution to the problem of lost mail--I'm
surprised nobody thought of it.  Since mail lets you keep multiple
files, just keep your mail in a different file than the one new mail
comes to (a sort of inbox vs. seen approach).  Then you won't have to
compress your inbox nearly as much--99% of the time you could just
delete it (I know, there are problems there too)....
  I think this would work--any other ideas?  Anyone tried it?

				Anton