[comp.os.vms] CMU TCP-IP Mailing list address wanted.

woo@pioneer.UUCP (06/04/88)

Can someone send me the address of the CMU TCP-IP mailing list?
The nameserver software seems to have broken under VMS 4.6 with
the mandatory security patch.

Thanks.

Alex Woo
woo@pioneer.arc.nasa.gov

still@usceast.UUCP (Bert Still) (06/06/88)

In article <9799@ames.arc.nasa.gov> woo@pioneer.UUCP (Alex Woo) writes:

>Can someone send me the address of the CMU TCP-IP mailing list?
>The nameserver software seems to have broken under VMS 4.6 with
>the mandatory security patch.

	The address is cmu-tek-tcp@c.cs.cmu.edu, and let me say that we have
been using this package for almost 4 months now (in fact, this posting is being
made from a VAX-11/780 running BSD4.3 accessed via TELNET from a VAX-8300
running VMS4.4). The best thing I can say about this package is that it works!
We have become reliant on it for day to day access between VMS and UN*X
machines. It is sad indeed that the mandatory security patch and VMS4.6 have
"broken it." Oh well, we've always said we never wanted the most current VMS
release (remember the VMS3.7 -> VMS4.0 "upgrade" nightmare?)... I guess this
will confirm it.
	Incidentally, we use CMU/TCP for TELNET, FTP, and are working on SMTP.
Someone asked about using IP servers with CMU/TCP, and we haven't tried that
yet. I expect I'll get around to hacking on that one in about a month and a half
or whenever we get some IP servers in... :-)

					Bert
					still@cs.scarolina.edu