[comp.os.vms] Buying an array processor

sjm0@bunny.UUCP (Stu Mcgraw) (06/12/88)

We are going to buy an array processor for a VMS uVAX-3500 and
would like to hear of others' experience.  Under condsideration
are the FPS MP32, CSPI Mini-Map XL or ??4000 (the latter due out
in september) and Numerix 332 or 432.  We want both performance
and ease of use (not neccessarily simultaneously).  Anybody
willing to share their experience with any of these machines?
I would particulary appreciate hearing about problems or
gotchas; things the salesman never mentioned.  Was the performance
what you expected?  Notes saying "yea, it worked fine, we're
happy" are also welcome.  I'll be happy to provide a summary of
					-- Stu

--
Stuart McGraw    (617)466-2525     GTE Laboratories
{hsuc6,harvard}!bunny!sjm0         40 Sylvan Road

milbery@rtech.UUCP (Jim Milbery) (06/14/88)

In article <5883@bunny.UUCP> sjm0@bunny.UUCP (Stu Mcgraw) writes:

>We are going to buy an array processor for a VMS uVAX-3500 and
>would like to hear of others' experience.  Under condsideration
>are the FPS MP32, CSPI Mini-Map XL or ??4000 (the latter due out
>in september) and Numerix 332 or 432.  . . .

I've worked with a few vendors who've used them, although I haven't
worked directly with it myself.  I can't give out the company names over the
net, but I'm willing to take phone calls.  The vendors I've worked with use
SKy Warrior Array Processors from Sky Computers in lexington.

jim milbery Sr TEch Staff @ rti 617-272-5060