[comp.os.vms] Need program to extract a CLD from DCLTABLES

mbr@beta.UUCP (Mike Rose) (06/01/88)

Does someone have a program to pull a source CLD
out of a command table?

Mike Rose
mbr@lanl.gov

craig@csdgwy.csd.unsw.oz (Craig McGregor) (06/10/88)

In article <19727@beta.UUCP>, mbr@beta.UUCP (Mike Rose) writes:
> Does someone have a program to pull a source CLD
> out of a command table?

I have a C program that partially "cracks" an entire DCLTABLES file.
	(There were some fields in the file format that I never did
	figure out!)

hydrovax@nmtsun.nmt.edu (M. Warner Losh) (06/14/88)

In article <408@csdgwy.csd.unsw.oz> craig@csdgwy.csd.unsw.oz (Craig McGregor) writes:
>In article <19727@beta.UUCP>, mbr@beta.UUCP (Mike Rose) writes:
>> Does someone have a program to pull a source CLD
>> out of a command table?
>
>I have a C program that partially "cracks" an entire DCLTABLES file.
>	(There were some fields in the file format that I never did
>	figure out!)
Why not just get the latest DECUS tape?  It has a program written by Joe
Meadows called VERB.  VERB handles ALL of the weird stuff in the DCLTABLES
file, or any thing else generated by SET COMMAND.  You can extract certain
verbs (commands) using the standard VMS wildcards, and much more.  As I
posted an older version of VERB, I don't see much point in posting the
newer one (it was posted, I have learned, in 1986 sometime).

VERB WORKS GREAT!  I am very happy with it, as are many others.  Some have
even used it to recreate a .CLD that was lost!

VERB may be found in [VAX87E.MEADOWS.VERB] subdirectory of that tape.  The
DECUS tape should be available for free, or a small charge from your local
DECUS chapter.

I CANNOT SENT COPIES OF VERB OUT.  PLEASE DO NOT ASK.  Sorry to be so
gruff about it, but it costs us too much money to do this.  Please
contact Joe Meadows at

	bitnet		JOE@FHCRCVAX
	arpa/internet	JOE%FHCRCVAX.BITNET@OLY.ACS.WASHINGTON.EDU

Thank you for you understanding in this matter.

--
bitnet:     warner@hydrovax.nmt.csnet          M. Warner Losh
arpa/csnet: warner@hydrovax.nmt.edu