[comp.os.vms] A DCL program...

CRUZ_MIV@CTSTATEU.BITNET (06/07/88)

Dear VAX hackers:

        I am in urgent need of a DCL program that will keep track of any
incoming message (interactive real time) and automatically sends a message
to the sender stating that I am not available at the moment but the message
has been recorded. Is this feat possible? Please let me know.

                                Thanks,
                                           MIG.
                                                  Bitnet: CRUZ_MIV@CTSTATEU

MCGUIRE@GRIN1.BITNET ("The Sysco Kid ", McGuire,Ed) (06/14/88)

> Date: Monday, June 6 at 12:39 pm est
> From: CRUZ_MIV%CTSTATEU.BITNET@MITVMA.MIT.EDU
> Subj: A DCL program...
>
> I am in urgent need of a DCL program that will keep track of any incoming
> message (interactive real time) and automatically sends a message to the
> sender stating that I am not available at the moment but the message has been
> recorded. Is this feat possible? Please let me know.

Eric Jon Rostetter, <eric@uoft02.bitnet>, has such a program.  It is called
REPLY and is written in C.  (DCL is not an appropriate language for this sort
of application.)  It logs all incoming broadcast messages of any kind to a
file and replies to the sender if possible.  Note that it's most valuable on a
BITNET Jnet site, where it recognizes the format of Jnet interactive messages.

Contact Eric directly for a copy of the program.

Ed