[net.news.group] Adding INFO-APPLEBUS to net.micro.mac??

jww@bonnie.UUCP (Joel West) (05/07/85)

There is currently an INFO-APPLEBUS group in ARPAland.  To my knowledge,
this information is not available to Usenet readers.  I, for one,
would like to see it available.

This is both a survey and a request.  The survey:
	1.  Do you want this info?
	2.  Should it be:
	    a.	Added to net.micro.mac?
	    b.	Create a net.micro.abus?
	    c.	Create a fa.info-applebus?
As a practical, short-term solution, I think 2a is the best route,
even though it's a busy list already.  I don't like 2c, because I'd
like to think Useneters will be posting their own contributions
(or at least questions).

The request:
	Who will forward it?  I've checked uw-beaver and no go.  The
following sites are listed as INFO-APPLEBUS subscribers and
would appear to be reasonably central in Usenet-land:
	hokey%plus5.uucp@seismo		ihnp4!hokey!plus5
	jsc%ucbcory@ucb-vax		ucbvax!ucbcory:jsc
	dsc%daemon@tektronix
	macnair@washington		(is this uw-beaver?)
If you (or anyone else) would be willing to forward, please let
me know.
--
	Joel West				     (619) 457-9681
	CACI, Inc. - Federal 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct La Jolla 92037

   "The best is the enemy of the good" - A. Mullarney

ron@brl-tgr.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (05/09/85)

> There is currently an INFO-APPLEBUS group in ARPAland.  To my knowledge,
> this information is not available to Usenet readers.  I, for one,
> would like to see it available.
>
> This is both a survey and a request.  The survey:
> 	1.  Do you want this info?
> 	2.  Should it be:
> 	    a.	Added to net.micro.mac?
> 	    b.	Create a net.micro.abus?
> 	    c.	Create a fa.info-applebus?
> As a practical, short-term solution, I think 2a is the best route,

Your problem is going to be, what do you do with the net.micro.mac
submissions then?  Send them both to INFO-MAC and INFO-APPLEBUS?
It doesn't work well.  INFO-MUSIC used to have the same problem with
net.music and it's subgroups.

-Ron

hokey@plus5.UUCP (Hokey) (05/09/85)

Why not gateway it via mod.micro.apple (or some such)?  As it stands,
the mailing list is reasonably technical, and I suspect many of the
folks who submit will "go underground" if too much drivel gets posted
to the group.  A moderator would provide a good service in this case.

As I mentioned before, the fa.all groups should really be mod.all groups
anyway.
--
Hokey           ..ihnp4!plus5!hokey
		  314-725-9492

ward@hao.UUCP (Mike Ward) (05/09/85)

If the person who forwards INFO-APPLEBUS is willing to do the
work involved in forwarding individual articles, both way, that
would be terrific.  In that case I would vote for adding it to
net.micro.mac.

I suspect that we will be lucky to get anyone to post it as a
regular, individual-posting fa.group.  Even a digest would be
better than nothing.  For these options, I would vote for fa.apple-bus.

---

fair@dual.UUCP (Erik E. Fair) (05/14/85)

As of today, INFO-APPLEBUS from MIT-XX.ARPA is being gatewayed into
fa.info-mac. The way to tell the difference between INFO-MAC and
INFO-APPLEBUS traffic is the return address. INFO-MAC is from
uw-beaver!info-mac, and INFO-APPLEBUS is from ucbvax!info-applebus.

	Mr. USENET for ucbvax,

	Erik E. Fair	ucbvax!fair	fair@ucb-arpa.ARPA

	dual!fair@BERKELEY.ARPA
	{ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,hplabs,decwrl,unisoft,fortune,sun,nsc}!dual!fair
	Dual Systems Corporation, Berkeley, California