[comp.os.vms] Anyone using RDM?

jim@forgen.UUCP (Jim Hood) (06/14/88)

A few months ago I posted a similar enquiry to comp.databases, and the
best summary of responses there might be "What the ____ is RDM?"
Considering that most of the folks who read USENET news work on UNIX
systems, although some shops may also have VMS, it shouldn't have been
too surprising a response.  As far as I am aware, RDM isn't available
in a UNIX flavor; it is avialable for just about all of DEC's os's,
and for MSDOS.

RDM is a product of Interactive Technology Inc., Beaverton, Oregon.
A committee in our org has just recommended that it be adopted as the
corporate standard for microcomputers, primarily, I believe, because of
it's upward compatibility to VMS, which is to become the corporate
"backbone" system.

I would appreciate hearing about any experiences with this product.
--
Jim Hood
{decvax!utcsri pyramid!utai uunet!attcan}!lsuc!forgen!jim

kenw%noah.arc.CDN@ean.ubc.ca (Ken Wallewein) (06/21/88)

>A few months ago I posted a similar enquiry to comp.databases, and the
>best summary of responses there might be "What the ____ is RDM?"
>Considering that most of the folks who read USENET news work on UNIX
>systems, although some shops may also have VMS, it shouldn't have been
>too surprising a response.  As far as I am aware, RDM isn't available
>in a UNIX flavor; it is avialable for just about all of DEC's os's,
>and for MSDOS.

  Right. So what the ____ is RDM?  :-)

  We run VMS, by the way.

/kenw

hinsonkp%vtcc1.dnet@MTHUNH.MATH.VT.EDU (Ken Hinson) (06/24/88)

RDM is a relational DBMS by Interactive Technology (800-362-6203).

Ken Hinson
Mathematics Dept.
Virginia Tech

michael@ddsw1.UUCP (Michael Duebner) (06/27/88)

In article <1955*kenw@noah.arc.cdn> kenw%noah.arc.CDN@ean.ubc.ca (Ken Wallewein) writes:
>>A few months ago I posted a similar enquiry to comp.databases, and the
>>best summary of responses there might be "What the ____ is RDM?"

RDM is a database/application developement environment.  One could relate it
to MS-DOS type software such as dBase III.

When we were on the search for a database manager for VMS it was one of the
products we looked at.  However, we selected FOCUS in favour of RDM and a
few others.

Michael Duebner	          UUCP : ihnp4!ddsw1!michael
Technical Services, Buffalo Grove, IL   312/541-6550