[comp.os.vms] uucp on eunice systems

clawin@rubmez.UUCP (Detlef Clawin) (04/25/88)

Hallo,

gibt es irgendjemanden, der UUCP auf einem EUNICE-System betreibt ?
Wir haben erhebliche Schwierigkeiten, mit einem EUNICE-Rechner
eine Verbindung herzustellen. Das Problem ist, dass immer wieder
Pakete verlorengehen (expected ANY, got fail )
und die Uebertragung abgebrochen wird.

Hat jemand aehnliche Erfahrungen ?

seth@violin.columbia.edu (Seth Robertson) (04/27/88)

In article <116@rubmez.UUCP> clawin@rubmez.UUCP (Detlef Clawin) writes:
>Hallo,
>
>gibt es irgendjemanden, der UUCP auf einem EUNICE-System betreibt ?
>Wir haben erhebliche Schwierigkeiten, mit einem EUNICE-Rechner
>eine Verbindung herzustellen. Das Problem ist, dass immer wieder
>Pakete verlorengehen (expected ANY, got fail )
		       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
			where did this come from
>und die Uebertragung abgebrochen wird.
>
>Hat jemand aehnliche Erfahrungen ?

Hallo,

Wie sprechen nichts Deutchen onen diesen USENET.
Translation ('cause most people can't read German, and almost everyone
would agree that I can't write it)
We don't usually speak German on USENET.  If you are going to post in
german, please limit the distrabion (I can't spell English either :-)
to Germany.
Maybe what we need to do is to create
comp.os.eunice.german
comp.os.eunice.english
comp.os.eunice.french
comp.os.eunice.russian
That might lighten the load a little.  Don't you hate it when
you start up rn and you see 213 unread articles in comp.os.eunice :-)

					-seth

**    Seth Robertson a.k.a Earendur Ranger 35th Lord of Andunie in Numenor   **
**    Center for Telecommunications Research at Columbia University          **
** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- **
**    #include <std/disclaimer.h>  "There is no right.  There is only Power" **
** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- **
**    seth@ctr.columbia.edu                         sjr@cunixc.columbia.edu  **
**    !uunet!columbia!ctr!seth                    rjs!cxinuc!aibmuloc!tenuu! **

edwards@dogie.edu ( Mark Edwards) (04/28/88)

In article <5578@columbia.edu> seth@ctr.columbia.edu (Seth Robertson) writes:
:Wie sprechen nichts Deutchen onen diesen USENET.
:Translation ('cause most people can't read German, and almost everyone
:would agree that I can't write it)
:We don't usually speak German on USENET.  If you are going to post in
:german, please limit the distrabion (I can't spell English either :-)
:to Germany.
:Maybe what we need to do is to create
:comp.os.eunice.german
:comp.os.eunice.english
:comp.os.eunice.french
:comp.os.eunice.russian
:That might lighten the load a little.  Don't you hate it when
:you start up rn and you see 213 unread articles in comp.os.eunice :-)

 Actually I've only seen 3 articles in this group since Jan 1st of this
 year. Do you really see that many articles in this group?

mark
(ex eunice guru)

--
    edwards@vms.macc.wisc.edu
    UW-Madison, 1210 West Dayton St., Madison WI 53706

seth@violin.columbia.edu (Seth Robertson) (04/29/88)

:
: Actually I've only seen 3 articles in this group since Jan 1st of this
: year. Do you really see that many articles in this group?
:
:mark

I'm afraid I was only pulling your leg.  It seems, however, to have come off.
At your head. (:-)

.signature follows

**    Seth Robertson a.k.a Earendur Ranger 35th Lord of Andunie in Numenor   **
**    Center for Telecommunications Research at Columbia University          **
** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- **
**    #include <std/disclaimer.h>  "There is no right.  There is only Power" **
** ------------------------------------------------------------------------- **
**    seth@ctr.columbia.edu                         sjr@cunixc.columbia.edu  **
**    !uunet!columbia!ctr.columbia!seth           rjs!cxinuc!aibmuloc!tenuu! **
**    706 John Jay; Columbia University; NYC 10027           (212) 280-6107  **

EALYON@SUNRISE.BITNET (06/30/88)

Detlef Clawin <mcvax!unido!rubmez!clawin@uunet.uu.net> writes

> Hallo,
>
> gibt es irgendjemanden, der UUCP auf einem EUNICE-System betreibt ?
> Wir haben erhebliche Schwierigkeiten, mit einem EUNICE-Rechner
> eine Verbindung herzustellen. Das Problem ist, dass immer wieder
> Pakete verlorengehen (expected ANY, got fail )
> und die Uebertragung abgebrochen wird.
>
> Hat jemand aehnliche Erfahrungen ?

which I translate, loosely, to

  Hello,

  Is there anyone who is running UUCP from a EUNICE-System?
  We are having problems making a connection to a EUNICE-machine.
  The problem is that packets are continually lost (expected ANY, got fail)
  and the session is terminated.

  Has anyone had similar experiences?