[comp.os.vms] TCP/IP & DEBNA

D_AGC@vaxa.nerc-keyworth.ac.UK (07/21/88)

If  I understand correctly the VMS TCP/IP packages from Wollongong and
CMU use  the  standard  DEC  VAX  ether  interfaces  (and  can  do  so
concurrently  with DECnet, LAT, etc). It has been suggested to me by a
colleague that they can't use the BI ether i/f. I  think  he's  wrong.
Would anyone care to comment/arbitrate.?

Thanks,

        Alan Cox
        Natural Environment Research Council
        UK

d_agc@uk.ac.nkw.va                          JANET
d_agc@va.nkw.ac.uk                          rest of the world, or
d_agc%va.nkw.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk         ARPA
d_agc%uk.ac.nkw.va@ukacrl                   EARN/BITNET/NETNORTH
star::"d_agc%va.nkw.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk" SPAN

thompson@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Steve Thompson) (07/27/88)

In article <8807271105.AA04564@ucbvax.berkeley.edu> D_AGC@vaxa.nerc-keyworth.ac.UK writes:
>concurrently  with DECnet, LAT, etc). It has been suggested to me by a
>colleague that they can't use the BI ether i/f. I  think  he's  wrong.

You're right. He is wrong. We have it now!