[comp.os.vms] Multiple-access files in VMS? Sure!

WINSTON@SSRL750.BITNET (08/04/88)

>From:  EDU%"cs.utexas.edu!sm.unisys.com!csun!mst@RUTGERS.EDU"  3-AUG-1988 11:37
>Subj:  Multiple-access files in VMS?
>
>Does anyone out there know how to make a file multi-accessible (readwise)
>in VMS?  There must be a way since I would think that the help file is
>that way.  Any help is appreciated.

VMS offers a couple of levels of file protection.  If you want to allow
anyone with an account on your system to read and execute a given file, do

$ SET PROTECTION=(W:RE)

("W" is world, "O" is owner, "S" is system, and "G" is group, based on
the group part of your UIC.)

If you want to allow multiple specific people who are not in the same
group access, you can specify them individually in an Access Control List.

-- Alan Winston

WINSTON@SSRL750