[comp.os.vms] Sun 4 console message problem

hutch@net1.ucsd.edu (Jim Hutchison) (09/24/88)

From: ll-xn!ames!elroy!tybalt.caltech.edu!uhley@ucsd.edu (John Uhley)
>Random (un)educated guess:  If a sun can't see it's keyboard it
>will try and use ttya (and then ttyb) as a console terminal.  If
>your IO board is stealing cycles from whatever detects a keyboard
>you'd get that kind of effect.

So can anyone at Sun field this?  Is this dynamic reconfiguration of
the console message device?  If so, I "presume" I can expect the
problem anytime the system gets particularly busy.

Atleast its better than not getting the messages anywhere at all (although
they still end up in /usr/adm/messages).

/*    Jim Hutchison   		UUCP:	{dcdwest,ucbvax}!cs!net1!hutch
		    		ARPA:	JHutchison@ucsd.edu
     These are my opinions, and now you have your perceptions of them. */