[comp.os.vms] Can I read VMS savesets in UNIX?

jwp@larry.UUCP (Jeffrey W Percival) (03/03/89)

This sounds like it might be an often asked question, and for that
I apologize in advance, but does anyone have a program that reads
VMS backup tapes and saveset files in UNIX?

Pointers to archive sites would be appreciated.
--
Jeff Percival (jwp@larry.sal.wisc.edu)

pete@tsc.dec.com (Peter Schmitt) (03/09/89)

In article <528@larry.UUCP>, jwp@larry.UUCP (Jeffrey W Percival) writes:
> This sounds like it might be an often asked question, and for that
> I apologize in advance, but does anyone have a program that reads
> VMS backup tapes and saveset files in UNIX?

Ultrix contains a program called ltf that can offload the saveset for
you but not take it apart.

--
Pete Schmitt                                    pete%tsc.dec.com@decwrl.dec.com
	There are two fundamental facts of human enlightenment:
			#1, There is a God.
			#2, You are not Him!

mdb@bridge2.3Com.Com (Mark D. Baushke) (03/15/89)

> From: jwp@larry.UUCP (Jeffrey W Percival)
> Date: 3 Mar 89 15:55:50 GMT
>
> This sounds like it might be an often asked question, and for that
> I apologize in advance, but does anyone have a program that reads
> VMS backup tapes and saveset files in UNIX?

Such a program was posted to comp.sources.unix in volume7 as read-vms-backs.

>  Pointers to archive sites would be appreciated.
>  --
>  Jeff Percival (jwp@larry.sal.wisc.edu)

There are many archive sites for comp.sources.unix.
Try looking on uunet.uu.net.

Enjoy!

-- Mark Baushke
sun!bridge2!mdb		or	mdb@bridge2.3com.com