[comp.os.vms] Computer-FAX connectivity

sysprga@sahiways.gov.au (Trevor Bate) (03/16/89)

Yet another call for help...

We are looking at accessing a FAX machine from either our VAX or Wang
network. We are looking at initially sending faxes out, but would also
like to be able to receive faxes on to our computers.

Has anyone any experience of connecting FAX machines?

Trevor Bate
Highways Department, South Australia.
(08) 343 2021
BATE@sahiways.gov.au

wordy@cup.portal.com (Steven K Roberts) (03/28/89)

Have you considered the JT Fax from Quadram?  It is a calculator-sized
unit that interfaces via DB-9 to your system's serial port... contact the
company at One Meca Way, Norcross, GA{, 30093  USA.  404-564-5655.
The person to {talk to is Jan Ozer, and tell him the guy with the
computerized bicycle sent you.  Cheers!
    Steve ROberts
   COmputing Across America

cetron@wasatch.UUCP (Edward J Cetron) (03/30/89)

	I've been using the JT-Fax unit for about 6 months on my IBM (sorry
haven't been able to afford a 3100 at home yet :-) and it works quite well
and the support from Quadram has been excellent.

-ed
(standard industrial disclaimer: I have no interest in Quadram, its affiliates,
its associates, it subsidiaries, or anyone even living in Norcross, Ga.)

jim@belltec.UUCP (Mr. Jim's Own Logon) (03/30/89)

In article <1468@wasatch.UUCP>, cetron@wasatch.UUCP (Edward J Cetron) writes:

> 	I've been using the JT-Fax unit for about 6 months on my IBM (sorry
> haven't been able to afford a 3100 at home yet :-) and it works quite well
> and the support from Quadram has been excellent.
>
> -ed
> (standard industrial disclaimer: I have no interest in Quadram, its affiliates,
> its associates, it subsidiaries, or anyone even living in Norcross, Ga.)

   As long as you only have DOS boards in your AT you are fine. The JT Fax has
a hardware problem that conflicts with other boards that sit above 1 Meg. You
probably don't want the technical spiel on what they do wrong, suffice it to
say that you cannot put a JT Fax in a machine with any board that resides above
DOS space (this may apply to memory cards as well, although most memory cards
are fast enough to be OK). Quadram has been notified of this, no response has
been made for 2 weeks.....

						-Jim Wall
						 Bell Technologies, Inc.