[comp.os.vms] Wanted: info on a product called Information Exchange

vrh@mhres.mh.nl (Michael Verhey) (04/05/89)

I need information about a product called Information Exchange. It's
an official IBM product, used for data transfer between various types
of IBM machines.

What I need to know is whether there is a version of this program
available for VAX/VMS and UNIX. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Michael
--
Michael Verheij (using Netnews)		Multihouse B.V., the Netherlands
USENET: vrh@mh.nl via European backbone (mcvax).

mikegal@microsoft.UUCP (Michael Galos) (04/07/89)

In article <3000@mhres.mh.nl> vrh@mhres.mh.nl (Michael Verhey) writes:

>I need information about a product called Information Exchange. It's
>an official IBM product, used for data transfer between various types
>of IBM machines.
>
>What I need to know is whether there is a version of this program
>available for VAX/VMS and UNIX. Please let me know.
>
>Thanks,
>Michael
>--
>Michael Verheij (using Netnews)		Multihouse B.V., the Netherlands
>USENET: vrh@mh.nl via European backbone (mcvax).
>UUCP:   ..!mcvax!mhres!vrh
>"Experience comes with the amount of equipment ruined."

IBM Information Exchange is a service (and supporting software) for sending
data and mail over the IBM Information Network.

Last I had heard, IBM had software for PC DOS, S/36, and MVS.  The protocols
and manuals are available so an interface program can be user written.

Information Network marketing could give you more details.

I believe the European office is in Zuitemeer (sp) Netherlands.