[comp.os.vms] CMU-TEK and VMS5.0

Brian_C_McBee@cup.portal.com (04/08/89)

Has anyone succeeded in getting CMU-TEK TCP/IP to run under VMS 5.0-2?
We only had it running for a few weeks under 4.7 and had to upgrade to
5.0 to run some other software.  Is there hope, or should I just write
it off? :-)
				Brian

kls@tumuc.UUCP (Klaus Steinberger) (04/10/89)

In article <16847@cup.portal.com> Brian_C_McBee@cup.portal.com writes:
>Has anyone succeeded in getting CMU-TEK TCP/IP to run under VMS 5.0-2?
>We only had it running for a few weeks under 4.7 and had to upgrade to
>5.0 to run some other software.  Is there hope, or should I just write
>it off? :-)
>				Brian

You need some new images (especially the IPACP). You can get
this images from:
Art Stine
Clarkson University
Educational Resources Center
Potsdam, NY 13676
BITNET: ABSTINE@CLVMS
INTERNET: ABStine@CLVMS.Clarkson.Edu

There is also an list for discussing CMU-TEK related things:
The list is CMU-TEK-TCP@cs.cmu.edu
send request to cmu-tek-tcp-request@cs.cmu.edu

Also there is currently a version for VMS5.x under work
at CMU, this version would be called 6.4, and it should be finished
in a few weeks

Sincerely
Klaus STeinberger

BITNET: steinber@DGATUM5p

abstine@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Arthur Stine) (04/10/89)

From article <16847@cup.portal.com>, by Brian_C_McBee@cup.portal.com:
> Has anyone succeeded in getting CMU-TEK TCP/IP to run under VMS 5.0-2?
> We only had it running for a few weeks under 4.7 and had to upgrade to
> 5.0 to run some other software.  Is there hope, or should I just write
> it off? :-)
> 				Brian

V6.4 of the software which supports V5.x VMS is supposed to start shipping
pretty soon (weeks, not months). The field test ended a couple weeks ago
and I guess all the current licensees will be getting a letter about
upgrading.

art