[comp.os.vms] NFS client implementation on VMS

scott@memex.co.uk (Scott Williamson) (04/19/89)

Does anyone market an implementation of NFS to allow a VAX/VMS machine to
act as a client? I am aware of some server implementations but has
anyone actually managed to do the difficult part?

Scott Williamson
scott@memex.co.uk

ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Edward J. Ede) (04/28/89)

In article <218@memex.co.uk> scott@memex.co.uk (Scott Williamson) writes:
>Does anyone market an implementation of NFS to allow a VAX/VMS machine to
>act as a client? I am aware of some server implementations but has
>anyone actually managed to do the difficult part?
>
>Scott Williamson
>scott@memex.co.uk

I was told by a Wollongong salesman that they were working on an NFS
client.  I don't know when they will release it.  You can call them at
(415) 691-7400 in the US.  I don't know the UK number.

Ted
|Ted Ede -- ted@mbunix.mitre.org -- The MITRE Corporation -- Burlington Road|
| linus!mbunix!ted -- Bedford MA, 01730 -- Mail Stop B015 -- (617) 271-2524 |
|                   - this line intentionally left blank -                  |

medin@cincsac.arc.nasa.gov (Milo S. Medin) (05/01/89)

The folks at TGV (aka SRI MultiNet) have a very nice in kernel
NFS server (client almost done if not done now) that works quite well.

					Milo