[comp.os.vms] VT100 2.9

acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com (Tony Sumrall) (05/25/89)

In article <7362@bsu-cs.bsu.edu> cfchiesa@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Christopher Chiesa)
writes:
>I've noticed some variations in this area myself, but found that on my Amiga
>the program "VT100" (I currently use v2.8, although v2.9 is out) works perfectly
>with VMS, EDT, et al.  In fact, it works BETTER with EDT than some actual
>VT300's etc. that I've used!

Let me correct one of your statements: VT100 R2.9 is NOT out -- I should
know because I'm the guy working on it!  I realize that it's been about a
year since the last "release" (the patch release 2.8A) but my real job's
been taking an inordinate amount of my time for the past 16 months or so.
Things are looking up, though, and I've been able to spend much more time
on it in recent weeks.  The AREXX interface is working so I've only got a
few other features to code (including one or two that should improve its
usability to a considerable degree).  If my workload continues at this
reduced level it should be into beta-test within a week or two (no
promises, ya understand).  Guess I shoulda released 2.9 with ONLY external
protocol modules long ago (that part was ready in Sept. of last year).

I would encourage anyone that can make use of VT100's "extensions" to do
so.  Thanks to some urgings of a few users it supports insert/delete
character and line (something that a stock VT100 doesn't do).  This was
done around 2.6 or thereabouts.  Info on the escape sequences that produce
these effects are in the documentation that should accompany it.

--
Tony Sumrall acs@pccuts.pcc.amdahl.com <=> amdahl!pccuts!acs

[ Opinions expressed herein are the author's and should not be construed
  to reflect the views of Amdahl Corp. ]

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Christopher Chiesa) (05/25/89)

.
. Let me correct one of your statements: VT100 R2.9 is NOT out -- I should
. know because I'm the guy working on it!

Good heavens, I'm mortified...!  I could have sworn the people on (unnamed
system)'s Amiga user group were all a-babble over v2.9 AGES ago...  And I
know I'm running 2.8 and DON'T have Tek terminal emulation, whereas a
friend of mine is running (now I don't know WHAT version) and DOES have Tek
emulation...  Now I'm CONFUSED as well as IGNORANT...