[comp.os.vms] ZOO

dhesi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Rahul Dhesi) (06/08/89)

(Moving this discussion from comp.binaries.ibm.pc.d to comp.os.vms,
since this is a VMS-specific issue.)

In article <2282@uwovax.uwo.ca> 16012_3045@uwovax.uwo.ca (Paul Gomme) writes:
>Also, ZOO under VAX/VMS is almost worthless.  I have to "bilf" the
>file when I transfer between VAX/VMS and any other system (eg. MS-DOS).

The problem lies in VAX/VMS Kermit, which tries to be intelligent about
when to perform newline conversions.  It incorrectly assumes that all
stream-LF files are text files.  And it won't allow you to use the
command "set file type binary" to override this assumption.  The result
is a corrupted download.

Other file transfer programs, such as zmodem, should not have this
problem.
--
Rahul Dhesi <dhesi@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
UUCP:    ...!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!dhesi