[comp.os.vms] Need HPGL to SIXEL translation.

Anders_Norwegian_Fongen@cup.portal.com (06/15/89)

I need to move graphics from PC's to VAX, and consider the conversion from
HPGL to SIXEL as a viable alternative. Does anyone know about such a
translator?

harvey@dtrc.arpa (Harvey) (06/22/89)

In article <19485@cup.portal.com> Anders_Norwegian_Fongen@cup.portal.com writes:
>I need to move graphics from PC's to VAX, and consider the conversion from
>HPGL to SIXEL as a viable alternative. Does anyone know about such a
>translator?

I don't know of anything that will convert from HPGL to SIXEL, but I would
love to find something that does convert to and from SIXEL.  However, I
do have a copy of a program called Reggie for a Macintosh that will
convert MacPaint files to SIXEL.  It works very nicely.  I have been
really impressed with Reggie.  You can create your graphics on the
Macintosh, then convert them to SIXEL.

Reggie is marketed by White Pine Software, 94 Rt 101A, P.O. 1108, Amherst,
NH 03031, telephone #(603)886-9050.

I would be very interested to know if anyone has seen this capability
with MS-DOS graphics files, HPGL, CGM, etc.

Betty Harvey                      |  I have no affiliation with White
Microcomputer Support Group       |  Pine Software and the opinions are
David Taylor Research Center      |  strictly my own -- who else would