[comp.os.vms] Does DEC

ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Edward J. Ede) (06/21/89)

Does anyone know what DEC's plans are in regards to GKS and X ?
I know that a PD version (U Lowell?) exists, but we are looking for
something more formally supported.  Any information, rumors, or comments
would be appreciated.

|Ted Ede -- ted@mbunix.mitre.org -- The MITRE Corporation -- Burlington Road|
| linus!mbunix!ted -- Bedford MA, 01730 -- Mail Stop B010 -- (617) 271-2524 |
|                   - this line intentionally left blank -                  |

madison@vms.ecs.rpi.edu (Matt Madison) (06/24/89)

In article <57122@linus.UUCP>, ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Edward J. Ede) writes:
>Does anyone know what DEC's plans are in regards to GKS and X ?
>I know that a PD version (U Lowell?) exists, but we are looking for
>something more formally supported.  Any information, rumors, or comments
>would be appreciated.

DEC GKS for VMS, V4.0, is currently shipping and supports DECwindows.
I don't know if DEC GKS for Ultrix is shipping, but when it does, it too
will support DECwindows.

Matt Madison, Systems Programmer                       madison@vms.ecs.rpi.edu
Eng. Computing Services, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY 12180-3590
                   "Please do not press this button again."

abstine@sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Arthur Stine) (06/24/89)

From article <57122@linus.UUCP>, by ted@mbunix.mitre.org (Edward J. Ede):
> Does anyone know what DEC's plans are in regards to GKS and X ?
 The latest version (V4.0) of DEC GKS supports DECwindows on both
 VMS and Ultrix.

 art stine
 sr network engineer
 clarkson u