[comp.os.vms] EUNICE for VMS V5.x?

foperator@tekno.chalmers.se (Daniel Berglund) (07/23/89)

Does anyone know if (or when) EUNICE for VMS V5.x is (will be) available?

--
Daniel Berglund       (foperator@tekno.chalmers.se, BITNET: FOP@SECTHF51)
Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden

tewksbur@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Chip Tewksbury) (07/23/89)

In article <862@tekno.chalmers.se> foperator@tekno.chalmers.se (Daniel Berglund) writes:
>Does anyone know if (or when) EUNICE for VMS V5.x is (will be) available?
>
>--
>Daniel Berglund       (foperator@tekno.chalmers.se, BITNET: FOP@SECTHF51)
>Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden

	We were told by TWG that Eunice for V5.0 would be ready in August of
'88; October '88; December '88; March, June....  Last I heard it was in beta
test sites.    All this runaround by TWG resulted in us removing Eunice from
our systems.  We needed to go to V5 to be eligible for the CSLG from DEC.
Also, with the abundance of Unix machines on campus, Eunice was pretty hard
to justify anyway.

	Chip Tewksbury, Distributed Systems Group, Boston University,
	     111 Cummington Street, Boston, MA  02215, USA (617) 353-2780
	INTERNET:   tewksbur@bu-it.bu.edu        BITNET:  TEWKSBUR@BUENGA
	UUCP: {}!harvard!bu-cs!bu-it!tewksbur

tewksbur@bu-cs.BU (Chip Tewksbury) (07/23/89)

In article <862@tekno.chalmers.se> foperator@tekno.chalmers.se (Daniel Berglund) writes:
>Does anyone know if (or when) EUNICE for VMS V5.x is (will be) available?
>
>--
>Daniel Berglund       (foperator@tekno.chalmers.se, BITNET: FOP@SECTHF51)
>Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden

	We were told by TWG that Eunice for V5.0 would be ready in August of
'88; October '88; December '88; March, June....  Last I heard it was in beta
test our systems.  We needed to go to V5 to be eligible for the CSLG from DEC.
Also, with the abundance of Unix machines on campus, Eunice was pretty hardto justify anyway.

	Chip Tewksbury, DistributTEsystems Group, Boston University	INTERNET:   tewksbur@bu-it.bu.edu        BITNET:  TEWKSBUR@BUENGA
	UUCP: {}!harvard!bu-cs!bu-it!tewksbur
#! rnews 1434

klm@goon.cme.nbs.gov (Ken Manheimer) (07/24/89)

In article <862@tekno.chalmers.se> foperator@tekno.chalmers.se (Daniel Berglund) writes:

   Does anyone know if (or when) EUNICE for VMS V5.x is (will be) available?

   Daniel Berglund       (foperator@tekno.chalmers.se, BITNET: FOP@SECTHF51)
   Chalmers University of Technology, G|teborg, Sweden

We've been told they started shipping it last week, and we should
expect to see it within the next two weeks.

Ken Manheimer		 	Nat'l Inst of Standards and Technology
klm@cme.nist.gov		(Formerly "National Bureau of Standards")
or ..!uunet!cme-durer!klm	CME, Factory Automation Systems Division
				Integrated Systems Group

CWUGC@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (07/30/89)

I know that on one machine I have access to here (Grad. Center, CUNY)
Eunice has been under Beta test for over two to three months. You can
get more info from asking ANK%cunyvms1.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu who
has more info on that product than I do

                                       -C wu