From: wlim@ai.mit.edu
Newsgroups: comp.os.vms
Subject: VMS and GNU Emacs

I have tried posting this to info-gnu-emacs but didn't get a good
response.

Can someone tell me if the following are possible with the VMS
version of GNU Emacs?

1) A working rmail, dired, ..., modes (modes that involved system
   calls to VMS)
2) A VMS interactive mode that works inside of Emacs

Also have anyone installed Emacs on VMS V5.1-1?  Does Emacs work with
DECwindows?

Thanks in advance.

Willie

samperi@marob.masa.com (Dominick Samperi) (08/01/89)

In article <24012@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> templon@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (jeffrey templon) writes:
>I am posting this for Mr. Lim, he was having difficulty posting it.  I point
>out that the version of GNU Emacs I received, which has a working if slightly
>brain-damaged dired for VMS, came via anon ftp from cc.utah.edu .

Why isn't dired for VMS included with the 18.54
GNU Emacs release? Afterall, it was first
designed for the 18.52 release. At any rate,
would someone please post this, or indicate where
it can be found? Thanks!

--
Dominick Samperi -- ESCC
samperi@marob.masa.com