[comp.os.vms] Decision Expert

heathen@blake.acs.washington.edu (Mark Jungck) (09/19/89)

Newsgroups: comp.os.vms,comp.ai
Subject: Decision Expert
Sender: foam@max.acs.washington.edu (Mark Jungck)
I have to convert a PC based knowledge base to VAX/VMS.  The powers-that-be
are leaning toward DEC's Decision Expert.  Has anyone used it?  If so, I
would greatly appreciate it if you could give me some answers/clues/hints/
what-have-yous to the following questions:

    1.  How large a knowledge base did you develop?
    2.  What kind of hardware configuration (memory, paging/swapping disks)
        and what was the performance like?  Were the screen displays fast?
    3.  How easy is it to enter a bunch of "code" using the Decision Expert's
        facilities?  Can you edit/create "code" outside of DE and then load
        it in?  Does the interpreter (compiler?) have good error messages?
    4.  Are there are major or painful bugs?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Please send direct to me as I don't read the newsgroups.  I'll summarize to
comp.os.vms.

Mark Jungck                     foam@max.acs.washington.edu
                                foam@max (Bitnet)