[comp.os.vms] Maxtor in a VAXstation-2000

CCHD@latvax8.lat.oz (Huw Davies - La Trobe University Computer Centre) (03/09/90)

In article <379@latvax8.lat.oz>, I wrote:

> i'm trying to install a Maxtor XT-2190 into a VAXstation-2000.
> At the moment, I'm having no luck formatting it. The VAXstation
> happily works with an RD53 borrowed from another VAXstation, and
> the Maxtor happily formats (as an RD50!) in a Rainbow. Does anyone
> else have any experience with this type of drive in a VAXstation?

Well of course, five minutes after I posted this, my DEC engineer walked
in. In answer to my question he said: "Of course, you've selected the
drive as drive #3!" Having done that, it all works...

Huw