[net.news.group] net.rec.guns, have we given up?

jordan@greipa.UUCP (Jordan K. Hubbard) (05/12/85)

A short time ago, I brought up the subject again of a guns/weapons
newsgroup.. A lot of people thought it was a great idea. Interest was
also expressed in a mod.guns, for obvious reasons. Has the subject died?
Is anyone still interested? I am.. I made an earlier offer to moderate
such a group and it still stands.. Mr. Kleinpaste's mailing list is a fine
thing, but it just doesn't get the exposure that this topic deserves..
(It also hasn't done anything in the past 3 weeks! :-) ...)

As I said before, such a group could easily extend to cover such topics
as weapons in general, conversations on historic weapons and wars.

Of course, with the way things are now, maybe this should all go in
net.politics...
--
			Jordan K. Hubbard
			@ Genstar Rental Electronics.

			"I don't do applications.."
			"Sorry, that's not my terminal"
			"help!"

djw@lanl.ARPA (05/18/85)

> A short time ago, I brought up the subject again of a guns/weapons
> newsgroup..

I'm interested. I am one of the 55+ people on the mailing list and am
looking forward to a net.rec.withweapons.  I wanta talk about killing,
blood, guts, gore; about how the cia puts ads in Soldier of Fortune to
make up mailing lists of truly dangerous people; about how the two
previous nuclear wars we have fought didn't get the proper press...

I wanta scream about how the official government policy should be to place
the nuclear power plants right next to the load...  If they need the
power, they can maintain the cost and the risk.  All these things could
be discussed in almost any group, but are obvious outgrowths of a
net.rec.with-weapons discussion.

djw@lanl.ARPA (05/24/85)

Karl is resigning as moderator and I want to call for the list to be
abandoned in favor of a net.whatever group...  Youse guys are missing
some good stuff.

bae@fisher.UUCP (Shiva the Destroyer) (05/25/85)

I feel there is a need for such a nesgroup, especially with Karl
ceasing to moderate the mailing list on this subject.

--
                    Brian A. Ehrmantraut

					Ad Maioram Gloriam Hasturi!

UUCP:   {allegra, astrovax, princeton, twg} !fisher!bae
BELL:   (609) 452-8991 / (609) 734-7761
USnail: 184 Little Hall, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544