[comp.os.vms] xset fp for DECWindows

taylort@decus.com.au (05/29/90)

In article <1530@io.UUCP>, bcking@io.UUCP (Christine King x4426) writes:
> I need to be able to add to the search-directories for fonts in
> DECWindows on VMS.  I know that the regular fonts are in
> DECW$SYSCOMMON:[SYSFONT.DECW...].  I can see an empty dir in there
> [.USER_75DPI] that might be a good place to put my own font files.
> I'd rather not have to put them there.  I'd like to be able to make it
> search my own directory.
>
> What I am looking for is the VMS equivalent to Unix's 'xset +fp
> dirname'.  Am I blind??  I've rtfm'd everything I have.

Not an RTFM problem!

In their wisdom (don't mind me, I'm just naturally sarcastic),
or due to lack of time (to be kind to them), DEC have chosen
not to provide the "standard" MIT X clients. You can however
get a hold of them from DECUS (order number VS100) or via
ftp from Clarkson U. which is a slightly later version. (Their
net address eludes me, but send mail to Art Stine at
stine@clvms.clarkson.edu -- Art is helping out by providing
an ftp site which I cannot do.)

	Trevor