[comp.os.vms] Looking for PD SmallTalk

ALISTAIR@adams.mits.com.au (Alistair Grant) (07/25/90)

Hi,

I am currently experimenting with Object Oriented Languages and would like to
get a PD SmallTalk (including source code for the interpreter).  I would prefer
it running under VAX/VMS and written in 'C', but I won't be fussy.

If you can help out, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Alistair Grant

Internet:     alistair@mits.com.au
PSI Mail:     psi%0505238730004::alistair
Phone:        +61 3 615 4641
Fax:          +61 3 615 4408

880716a@aucs.uucp (Dave Astels) (07/27/90)

In article <74@adams.mits.com.au> ALISTAIR@adams.mits.com.au (Alistair Grant) writes:
>Hi,
>
>I am currently experimenting with Object Oriented Languages and would like to
>get a PD SmallTalk (including source code for the interpreter).  I would prefer
>it running under VAX/VMS and written in 'C', but I won't be fussy.

Check out GNU Smalltalk.  It's available from various FTP sites.
It doesn't have any of the nice graphics support classes, just a textual
interface.  It does come with the major classes (in ST), and is written in
C, so it is portable.  It seems to be fairly complete.

--
"I liked him better before he died" - McCoy, ST V
Dave Astels            |  Internet: 880716a@AcadiaU.CA