[comp.os.vms] Optical storage for VS3100

bruin@hascvx (Erik de Bruin) (08/01/90)

We are looking for Optical solutions for VS3100.
Hardware: VAXstation 3100, external SCSI bus A or B, 5 1/4 inch drive.
          is there anyone with a WORKING system?

Please reply or send information to us.

HAS Computer Systems.
PO Box 8362
att. Philip Leenman/Erik de Bruin
1005 AJ AMSTERDAM
The NETHERLANDS.

henderson@hamavnet.com (08/02/90)

In article <602@hascvx.nluug.nl>, bruin@hascvx (Erik de Bruin) writes:
> We are looking for Optical solutions for VS3100.
> Hardware: VAXstation 3100, external SCSI bus A or B, 5 1/4 inch drive.
>           is there anyone with a WORKING system?

I have tried a Maxtor Tahiti drive on a VAXStation 3100, but it didn't work.
The VS3100 hardware would recognize the drive (it would properly print out the
drive info as reported by the drive when you do a SHOW DEVICE at the >>>
prompt) but VMS would not talk to it.

There is a company called US Design that supposedly have written a driver to
make this configuration work.

Javier Henderson     | henderson@hamavnet.com           | These opinions
Engineering Services | Ham Packet: N6VBG @ KD7XG-1      | are all mine.
Hamilton Avnet       | FIDONet: 102/632                 |