[comp.os.vms] Source for FILE utility

kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Brendan Kehoe) (08/22/90)

 We're in desperate need of the source (it's in C I believe) to the FILE
conversion utility (it'll create a file w/ the current attributes of the
file & you can change it to whatever..e.g. streamlf to fixed-512).
 Any info (ftp site/archive/whatever) would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan Kehoe | Soon: brendan@cs.widener.edu
For now: kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu | Or: bkehoe@widener.bitnet

oberman@rogue.llnl.gov (08/23/90)

In article <28733@netnews.upenn.edu>, kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Brendan Kehoe) writes:

>  We're in desperate need of the source (it's in C I believe) to the FILE
> conversion utility (it'll create a file w/ the current attributes of the
> file & you can change it to whatever..e.g. streamlf to fixed-512).
>  Any info (ftp site/archive/whatever) would be greatly appreciated.

It's available by mail server from VMSSERV@FHCRCVAX.BITNET. Send a single line
file (NOT THE SUBJECT!) "HELP" if you need assistance in using the server.

					R. Kevin Oberman
					Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
					Internet: oberman@icdc.llnl.gov
   					(415) 422-6955

Disclaimer: Don't take this too seriously. I just like to improve my typing
and probably don't really know anything useful about anything.