[comp.os.vms] VAX-C question on passwords

seaotter@athena.mit.edu (Stacy L Ramirez) (08/25/90)

Hello again!

I am looking (without access to decent manuals, of course :-( for
the VMS/VAX-C equivalent of the following unix C code:

	if (( pp = getpwuid(getuid()) == NULL ) {
		pwdir = "???";
		login = "???";
	}
	else {
		pwdir = pp->pw_dir;
		login = pp->pw_name;
	}

)) Any help is appreciated.

Side Note: I am slowly building a file of #defines useful in porting
unix c-code to VAX/VMS.  It includes such things as #define _begx _beg_x
and so forth for procedures that use curses _win_st structure, and
so on.  It #includes <unixlib.h> and <unixio.h> automatically.  Any
suggestions for other stuff to put in there?

Thanks,

Mike

____Mike_Zraly____________________________________________________________
|	obligatory address	: c/o seaotter@athena.mit.edu		 |
|	obligatory disclaimer	: My views don't represent anyone but me |
|	obligatory quote	: Nothing takes the taste out of peanut  |
|				  butter quite like unrequited love.	 |
|							-- Charlie Brown |
:________________________________________________________________________:

murphy@ufp.dco.dec.com (Rick Murphy) (08/25/90)

In article <1990Aug24.220621.2506@athena.mit.edu>, seaotter@athena.mit.edu
(Stacy L Ramirez) writes:
>I am looking (without access to decent manuals, of course :-( for
>the VMS/VAX-C equivalent of the following unix C code:
>
>	if (( pp = getpwuid(getuid()) == NULL ) {
>		pwdir = "???";
>		login = "???";
>	}
>	else {
>		pwdir = pp->pw_dir;
>		login = pp->pw_name;
>	}

#ifdef VMS
    pwdir = getenv("HOME");
    login = getenv("USER");
#endif
If you want the CURRENT directory the user is in, that's getenv("PATH").
getenv also can be used to translate logicals and DCL symbols.
	-Rick
--
Rick Murphy, WA1SPT/4			Digital Customer Center, Landover, MD
Domain:  murphy@ufp.dco.dec.com -or- murphy@ufp.enet.dec.com