[comp.os.vms] Applewrite on VS3100

eam@soleil.UUCP (Ed A. Mills) (10/13/90)

Has anyone sucessfully connected an Apple Postscript Laser printer to a
VS-3100?  We would like to do so, but so far the printer is ignoring any
data sent to it.  We're trying to use the printer port and DEC Script
software (which works ok with the LN03 ScriptPrinter).

Ed
Harris Semiconductor
Melbourne, FL

mike@raven.uss.tek.com (Mike Ewan) (10/13/90)

In article <1113@soleil.UUCP> eam@soleil.UUCP (Ed A. Mills) writes:
>Has anyone sucessfully connected an Apple Postscript Laser printer to a
>VS-3100?  We would like to do so, but so far the printer is ignoring any
>data sent to it.  We're trying to use the printer port and DEC Script
>software (which works ok with the LN03 ScriptPrinter).

Assuming that the printer is a LaserWriter there is a small knob next
to the DB25 serial connector to select serial, as opposed to Appletalk,
and the baud rate.  The only way to reliably set the thing is to turn
the knob all the way one way and count clicks back to where you want
it set.  It is labeled.  We've had one connected to various work
stations and VAX's, so there's nothing special about the serial
connection.

Mike
--
 Michael Ewan    (503)627-6468      Internet:  mike@raven.USS.TEK.COM
 Unix Systems Support                   UUCP:  ...!tektronix!puffin!raven!mike