[comp.os.vms] WIN$LPD on VMS

palter@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Bill Palter) (10/18/90)

In article <1AAD8E9AD8BF401F39@CRL.AECL.CA>, TANNERC@CRL.AECL.CA (CHRISTOPHER TANNER) writes:
> Greetings
> Using Wollongong's version of LPD on VMS, is it possible to specify parameters
> for the VMS PRINT commands such as /FLAG and /FORM=xxx? I would like an
> lpr -Pxx (on UNIX) to become PRINT /Q=xx/FLAG/FORM=yy on the VMS system.

	Yes it is, for some reason the text of the /FORM qualifier  was omitted
from the documentation. In your printcap entry for the printer just specify
/FORM=formname. /FLAG is more difficult, since it is basicly useless due to the fact that the filename that would be displayed on it is the name of the spool file and not that of the file  that was printed. But if you want it you
could take the sample USRJBC procedure from the manual and change the
text of the USRJBC_OPEN routine to be:

	jbc_info.flags |= LPDSMB_M_FILE_FLAG;

This with change the attributes of the print job to /FLAG when it is created
in the VMS print queue.

Bill Palter
The Wollongong Group
palter@twg.com