[comp.os.vms] Forwarding addresses in VMS Mail

cml8@robin.cs.uofs.edu (Chris M. Little) (12/07/90)

When I send mail to a user at onother Internet site, I specify at the TO:
prompt:
         SMTP%"user@host.domain"

I want to set my automatic forwarding address using SET FORWARD to another
Internet site.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  Two things I tried were:

   mail> set forward SMTP%"user@host.domain"    and
   mail> set forward user@host.domain

Neither of these worked.  E-mail suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

--
Chris Little (Graduate Asstistant)	-	CML8@JAGUAR.UOFS.EDU	(VMS)
Department of Computing Sciences	-	CML8@SCRANTON.BITNET	(VMS)

In article <179@platypus.uofs.edu> cml8@robin.cs.uofs.edu (Chris M. Little) writes:
>When I send mail to a user at onother Internet site, I specify at the TO:
>prompt:
>         SMTP%"user@host.domain"
>
>I want to set my automatic forwarding address using SET FORWARD to another
>Internet site.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  Two things I tried were:
>
>   mail> set forward SMTP%"user@host.domain"    and
>   mail> set forward user@host.domain
>
>Neither of these worked.  E-mail suggestions would be much appreciated.
>Thanks.

Thanks to all those who sent a solution.  Two solutions that worked were:

 (1) mail> set forward SMTP%"""user@host.domain"""
 (2) mail> set forward "SMTP%""user@host.domain"""

Essentially, the quotes have to be quoted.  So note the number and arrangement
of the quotes.