[comp.os.vms] How do you set up an account for anonymous ftp?

mudpit@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu (dan quoidbach) (01/24/91)

Hello,
I'm nominally in charge of running a microvax 3100 at our location
and would like to find out how to set up an account for anonymous
ftp. I would not classify myself as a system manager but as a
knowledgable user. We are running VAX/VMS 5.3. Could someone please
give me some pointers? Also, if this task sounds beyond my skill
level, by all means point that out and I'll take this upstairs.
Please respond to mudpit@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu.  Thank you
very much.

Dan Quoidbach
mudpit@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu

bruce@camb.com (Barton F. Bruce) (01/30/91)

In article <3264@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu>, mudpit@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu (dan quoidbach) writes:
> and would like to find out how to set up an account for anonymous
> ftp. We are running VAX/VMS 5.3. Could someone please
> give me some pointers?

Buy TGV's MultiNet. Install it. Try sales@tgv.com. If that fails try 'service'
or 'postmaster'.

In the Admin Guide, read 6.3.3 and set up the VMS account it suggests.
Then read 1.6.1 and tell Multinet where the directory tree you
want accessible is located.

Read the net.multinet news.