[comp.os.vms] DECUS tapes now even more available

Mark.Berryman@Mvb.Saic.Com (MUMPS Wizard) (03/15/91)

I have updated our on-line copy of the DECUS tapes with the latest VAX and L&T
sig tape.  The disk now contains the contents of the Spring '90 tape, the Fall
'90 tape and the latest DECUS starter kit.

This disk is exported via NFS to the internet from Mvb.Saic.Com [139.121.19.1]
under the name DECUS.

And now the *really* good news.

Many of you wrote to me thanking me for making this data available via NFS but
expressed woe at not having access to NFS and asked for it to please be made
available via anonymous FTP.  I have now received permission to do this.  The
address is the same as that listed above.  Please restrict your access to the
hours between 6:00pm and 6:00am Pacific time.

Both NFS and Anonymous FTP put you into the same directory which contains 3
directory sub-trees: F90, S90, and STARTER_KIT.  There is also a file for each
sub-tree that contains a list of all the files and directories contained
therein (the file is simply a listing of the backup save set).

Any comments or suggestions for improving this service are welcome.

Mark Berryman
Mark.Berryman@Mvb.Saic.Com

kalisiak@acsu.buffalo.edu (christophe m kalisiak) (03/15/91)

In article <2183235@MVB.SAIC.COM> Mark.Berryman@Mvb.Saic.Com (MUMPS Wizard) writes:
>I have updated our on-line copy of the DECUS tapes with the latest VAX and L&T
>sig tape.  The disk now contains the contents of the Spring '90 tape, the Fall
>'90 tape and the latest DECUS starter kit.

Does anyone know where I could find an anonymous site which carries DECUS
tapes for RSX? I have a PDP-11/44 connected to the net, and I would like
to find a site which carries RSX software.

Thanks,
Chris Kalisiak
V076N3W7@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu
kalisiak@acsu.buffalo.edu