[comp.os.vms] Has anybody used UCX to talk to PC's running Unix?

herman@corpane.uucp (Harry Herman) (06/15/91)

Has anybody used UCX to talk to Unix machines other than VAX's running
Ultrix?  If so, does it work?

We have 5 or 6 PC's running Interactive Unix, and I would like to be
able to talk to them with TCP/IP, since they cannot talk DECnet.

I would appreciate hearing from people that have tried using UCX to
talk to non-Ultrix nodes (especially PC nodes) and what kind of
experiences you have had.

				Harry Herman
				herman@corpane

marra@samuel.enet.dec.com (Dave Marra) (06/17/91)

In Message-ID: <1991Jun14.213137.22118@corpane.uucp>, Harry Herman writes:
>Has anybody used UCX to talk to Unix machines other than VAX's running
>Ultrix?  If so, does it work?

>We have 5 or 6 PC's running Interactive Unix, and I would like to be
>able to talk to them with TCP/IP, since they cannot talk DECnet.

>I would appreciate hearing from people that have tried using UCX to
>talk to non-Ultrix nodes (especially PC nodes) and what kind of
>experiences you have had.

When I was at a Crosfield, now Camex in Manchester NH, we ran this
exact configuration.  We had no problems getting this configuration
to work.  We could perform all the functions that UCX supported.

						.dave.

+ Dave Marra                            | TMF Engineering                     +
+ Software Validation Suites            | 37 Carlene Drive                    +
+ X Windows / Motif / VMS               | Nashua, NH 03062                    +