[unix-pc.general] icon to C structure maker - there is one for FREE

rwc@cookie (Richard W. Cook) (07/12/88)

in article <292@amanue.UUCP>, jr@amanue.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) says:

> In article <788@rphroy.UUCP> tkacik@rphroy.UUCP (Tom Tkacik) writes:
>>Does anybody know of a font editor, or icon editor that can be used to put
>>rastor images in to a C program?

	[deleted]
> You *AREN'T* gonna like this ...
>
> There's a program I've heard of that does exactly this kind of thing, but
> under DOS.  It's some kind of mouse-driven graphics editor that emits C code
	[deleted]

You might like this, though ...

Have you tried THE STORE?  I know it's been down-played lately due to lack of
"official" interest, but there's still some neat stuff on there.

FATBIT is under the C Examples section of THE STORE, and sounds like just
what you're looking for.  Portions of the narrative description quoted
without permission  (slightly edited for brevity):

"FATBIT translates icons or small pictures into a static array initialization
for use in C programs with wrastop operations"

It comes complete with docs AND source code.  If you don't have access to THE
STORE, send me email and I'll get it for you.

Richard W. Cook
(404) 982-5155
{attmail,akgua,ihnp4 - oops, I mean att}!cpsc53!rwc
   ____   _______   _____   _______     -------       ___   ____    __   ___
  / __ \ |__   __| /   _ \ |__   __|  -====------    /      |  |   /    /
 | (__) |   | |    \  \ \_\   | |    -======------   |      ---    \    |
 |_|  |_|   |_|    \_____/    |_|       -------              ATLANTA

tkacik@rphroy.UUCP (Tom Tkacik) (07/15/88)

In article <914@cookie.UUCP> rwc@cookie (Richard W. Cook) writes:
>> In article <788@rphroy.UUCP> tkacik@rphroy.UUCP (Tom Tkacik) asks:
>>>Does anybody know of a font editor, or icon editor that can be used to put
>>>rastor images in to a C program?
>
>FATBIT is under the C Examples section of THE STORE, and sounds like just
>what you're looking for.  Portions of the narrative description quoted
>without permission  (slightly edited for brevity):

Thanks for all of the replies.  I now have FATBIT, and am using it.
It has a couple of problems.  You can't save the icons for later re-editing
and the aspect ratio of the FATBIT window is not right.
Hacking on the code (so kindly provided), fixed these minor annoyances,
and it is now exactly what I was looking for.
Though it is still a little rough around the edges :-).

Tom Tkacik
 ...edsews!rphroy!tkacik