[unix-pc.general] SCSI disk prices

darren@bacchus.UUCP (Darren Friedlein) (07/27/88)

In article <9@taqwa.UUCP> mkp@taqwa.UUCP (Michael K. Peterson) writes:

>If you're salivating over IDT's SCSI adapter announcement, but wondering
>how much you'll have to shell out for a disk to hang off it, the
>following prices might prove interesting...
>--
>Mike Peterson		Internet:	mkp@hac2arpa.hac.com
>			UUCP:		mkp@scgvaxd.hac.com

Please do not post advertising to the net.  If someone requests pricing
information, reply through mail.

-darren
         ____
        /    \
       |                                 Rt 4, Box 416, Durham, NC 27703
  _____|_____     Darren G. Friedlein      data (bacchus) : 919/596-7746
 /     |     \                                      voice : 919/596-9492
(      |      )
 \____/    __/   {mcnc|icus|ditka|ethos|gladys|bakerst}!bacchus!darren

andy@rbdc.UUCP (Andy Pitts) (07/28/88)

In article <581@bacchus.UUCP> darren@bacchus.UUCP (Darren Friedlein) writes:
>In article <9@taqwa.UUCP> mkp@taqwa.UUCP (Michael K. Peterson) writes:
>>
>>If you're salivating over IDT's SCSI adapter announcement, but wondering
>>how much you'll have to shell out for a disk to hang off it, the
>>following prices might prove interesting...
>>--
>>Mike Peterson		Internet:	mkp@hac2arpa.hac.com
>>			UUCP:		mkp@scgvaxd.hac.com
>
>Please do not post advertising to the net.  If someone requests pricing
>information, reply through mail.

Darren,

Several points here.

1).  Product announcements and pricing are appropriate on the net, provided the
announcement is not posted several times.  In other words "don't make a
campaign of it".  Read the file "manner" that came with your usenet
distribution.

2).  Mark was posting information he saw listed somewhere.  He was
not benefiting from it, so it was not an advertisement.  It was simply
information.  As one of the people who is "salivating" over the SCSI
adapter I was very interested in seeing this and hope others will post more
information.

3).  We don't need any "net police" here.
--
Andy Pitts andy@rbdc.UUCP  : "The giant Gorf was hit in  one eye  by a stone,
att    \                   : and that eye  turned  inward  so  that it looked

richard@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Richard Foulk) (07/29/88)

In article <581@bacchus.UUCP> darren@bacchus.UUCP (Darren Friedlein) writes:
} In article <9@taqwa.UUCP> mkp@taqwa.UUCP (Michael K. Peterson) writes:
} >
} >If you're salivating over IDT's SCSI adapter announcement, but wondering
} >how much you'll have to shell out for a disk to hang off it, the
} >following prices might prove interesting...
} >--
}
} Please do not post advertising to the net.  If someone requests pricing
} information, reply through mail.

I appreciated seeing the prices posted.  And I look forward to
more kind people posting salient bits of information to the net
for our enjoyment.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about adding more storage
to these machines lately, and the sample list of prices was well
chosen and well timed.

Thanks Mike.

Richard