[unix-pc.general] Reunion

dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) (09/24/88)

Isn't it interesting seeing all these new names in unix-pc.general.
I feel like an old timer visting his high school 10 years later.

I wonder if some other "Old timers" are still here.

Dave Monroe
Kathy Vincent
Randy Suess
Chris Chute
Gregg Stratton
Dave Brower

Are you there?

What ever happened to Arnold Robins at skeeve?

I was das to here about Ken Brassler.
--
Dave Arnold
dave@arnold.UUCP	{cci632|uunet}!ccicpg!arnold!dave

arnold@skeeve.UUCP (Arnold D. Robbins) (09/26/88)

In article <189@arnold.UUCP> dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>I wonder if some other "Old timers" are still here.
>
>Kathy Vincent

Still at bakerst, last I knew, although I haven't heard from her in a while.

>What ever happened to Arnold Robins at skeeve?

I'm still here (at least I was the last time I looked...) Real Soon Now
I'll be updating my list of things available via anonymous uucp from skeeve.
I've been really incredibly busy at work lately, so I haven't had any
time to devote to skeeve recently. I am going to try and change that
real soon though.

Thanks for asking...
--
"Crack-pot societies of all kinds sprang up everwhere, advocating everything
from absolutism to anarchy. Queer cults arose, preaching free love, the

daveb@gonzo.UUCP (Dave Brower) (09/26/88)

In article <189@arnold.UUCP> dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>Isn't it interesting seeing all these new names in unix-pc.general.
>I feel like an old timer visting his high school 10 years later.
>
>I wonder if some other "Old timers" are still here.
>
>Dave Monroe
>Kathy Vincent
>Randy Suess
>Chris Chute
>Gregg Stratton
>Dave Brower
>
>Are you there?
>
>What ever happened to Arnold Robins at skeeve?
>
>I was das to here about Ken Brassler.

Ay yuh, wahl yuh see ah wuz out yondah in the back 40 with this 'ol hod
disk that wuz givin me a heap 'o trouble, an' ah dun just plunked down
the bucks to replace it.  Yay-uh, tahm moves slow fo' us fogies.

-dB

I think a lot of people have moved onto other platforms.  Other than the
mythological SCSI card, it is hard to get worked up about anything for
the UPC anymore.  I am constantly wondering whether putting any more
money into it is a sane thing to do, when $4K would put me in a 386 box
that ran X windows.

gary@ethos.UUCP (Gary J. Smith) (09/27/88)

In article <189@arnold.UUCP> dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>Isn't it interesting seeing all these new names in unix-pc.general.
>I feel like an old timer visting his high school 10 years later.
>
>I wonder if some other "Old timers" are still here.

The three of us who started the unix-pc network are still around and
have functioning 7300s: Kathy Vincent, David Dalton, and myself.  Our
machines, gladys, bakerst, and ethos (respectively) are still unix-pc
feed machines, and so far as I know, we all are still willing to take
on new feeds.

It is indeed gratifying to have watched the unix-pc net grow and
flourish as it has.

--
Gary J. Smith     "If it had been possible to build the Tower of Babel without
mcnc!ethos!gary    ascending it, the work would have been permitted."  --Kafka

randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) (09/29/88)

In article <189@arnold.UUCP> dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) writes:
>Isn't it interesting seeing all these new names in unix-pc.general.
>
>I wonder if some other "Old timers" are still here.
>
>Randy Suess
>Are you there?

	"Old timer"??  Foo.  Where you been??

--
Randy Suess                 * But don't underestimate raw, frothing,  *
randy@chinet                * manic hardware.           -barry shein  *