[unix-pc.general] Amiga Unix

ditto@cbmvax.UUCP (Michael "Ford" Ditto) (11/22/88)

In article <427@amanue.UUCP> jr@amanue.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) writes:
>How are you managing this -- I thought there was no MMU on the Amiga.
[ ... ]

(Followups to comp.sys.amiga.)

The new A2500 includes a 68020 with '881 and '851 MMU, and 32-bit RAM.  It's
just an A2000 with the '020 board plugged into the CPU expansion slot.
The A2500 machine is supposedly available now (I don't remember the price)
but no availability date or price has been announded for Unix.

It's System V Release 3, and uses the same SGS (C compiler, assembler, etc.)
as the Unix PC.  In fact it even has the Unix PC's SIGWIND and SIGPHONE in
<sys/signal.h>, but they are commented out.  It's weird how much Unix PC
stuff got into 68K SysVr3.
--
					-=] Ford [=-

"The number of Unix installations	(In Real Life:  Mike Ditto)
has grown to 10, with more expected."	ford@kenobi.cts.com
- The Unix Programmer's Manual,		...!sdcsvax!crash!elgar!ford
  2nd Edition, June, 1972.		ditto@cbmvax.commodore.com