[unix-pc.general] serial expansion ports

john@boink.UUCP (John Salmi) (11/23/88)

I need some help here.  I have a 3b1 with the expansion board (combo board?).
I can't get these ports to come active.  I have installed the combo board
expansion disk software, but am not sure how to bring this stuff up.

Help?

Thanks, as always, in advance!

john salmi		internet: boink!john@shamash.cdc.com
software engineer	domain:	  jsalmi@unix.eta.com
eta systems, inc.	uucp:	  {amdahl,rutgers}!bungia!shamash!boink!john

he:	"i love you".
she:	"i love you too, but in a different way, the way that disappears
	 when you leave the room".

ebd@cup.portal.com (Elliot B Dierksen) (11/24/88)

john@boink.UUCP writes:
> I have loaded the combo board software but i can't get the ports to come
> live.

If you have a RAM card, the RAM card MUST!!! be in the middle slot or your
system will ignore the RAM/COMBO card!! if that is not the problem, we can
try other things....

Elliot Dierksen
ebd@cup.portal.com