[unix-pc.general] Smail3.1 on 3b1

randy@chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) (12/12/88)

	I have been trying to get smail3.1 running on my 3b1
	with moderate success.  Most things work, but two of
	the utilities, uupath and uuwho tend to core dump at
	the drop of an inode.  I have tried compiling both
	with and without the dbm library, but no change.  This
	is with os 3.5 and standard cc.  Any other experiences
	out there??

--
Randy Suess                 * But don't underestimate raw, frothing,  *
randy@chinet.chi.il.us      * manic hardware.           -barry shein  *

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (12/16/88)

In article <7136@chinet.chi.il.us> randy@chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) writes:

>	I have been trying to get smail3.1 running on my 3b1
				 /^^^^^^^^\
	________________________/          \___ Where is this available?

	I hope you don't say "FTP" since it's not around here...

> [...]
>
>Randy Suess                 * But don't underestimate raw, frothing,  *
>randy@chinet.chi.il.us      * manic hardware.           -barry shein  *

Thanks for any info,
--
Bruce Becker        Toronto, Ont.
Internet: bdb@becker.UUCP, bruce@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu, becker@ziebmef.UUCP

rjg@sialis.mn.org (Robert J. Granvin) (12/18/88)

In article <171@becker.UUCP> bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) writes:
>In article <7136@chinet.chi.il.us> randy@chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess) writes:

>>	I have been trying to get smail3.1 running on my 3b1

>	________________________/          \___ Where is this available?

It's not.  Smail 3.1 is the alpha test version, and only available to
alpha sites.  It is not available to anyone else at this point.

>	I hope you don't say "FTP" since it's not around here...

Don't worry.  :-)

--
"The greatest minds in physics                               Robert J. Granvin
 were stumped- Tom Cruise, John             National Information Systems, Inc.