[unix-pc.general] Hotkey?

wnp@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Wolf Paul) (02/23/89)

Hello Netters!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my recent NOVICE questions.

Here's another one:

I noticed references to a "hotkey" utility from the STORE, which
would permit one to very quickly switch through the windows without
using the RESUME key.

However, nothing remotely resembling this is described in the
current version of the STORE catalog.

Can someone tell me how to obtain this program, or possibly even
send me a copy?

Thanks!

Wolf Paul
UUCP:   killer!wnp                    ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN: wnp@killer.dallas.tx.us       TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD

gws@n8emr.UUCP (Gary Sanders) (02/23/89)

In article <7277@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> wnp@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul) writes:

>I noticed references to a "hotkey" utility from the STORE, which
>would permit one to very quickly switch through the windows without
>using the RESUME key.

	The utility you want is called WMGR (window manager).
I am not sure if it is available to non AT&T users. There were some
files that was not suppose to be made available to non AT&T
people.

--
Gary W. Sanders (osu-cis!n8emr!gws), 72277,1325, N8EMR @ W8CQK
(ip addr) 44.70.0.1 [Ohio AMPR address coordinator]

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) (02/25/89)

In article <7277@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> wnp@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul) writes:
+---------------
|Hello Netters!
|
|Thanks to everyone who responded to my recent NOVICE questions.
|
|Here's another one:
|
|I noticed references to a "hotkey" utility from the STORE, which
|would permit one to very quickly switch through the windows without
|using the RESUME key.
+---------------

	You don't need any program to do this - "Shift-Suspnd"
	and "Shift-Rsume" keys step backward and forwards thru
	the window list.

+---------------
|Wolf Paul
|--
|Wolf N. Paul * 3387 Sam Rayburn Run * Carrollton TX 75007 * (214) 306-9101
|UUCP:   killer!wnp                    ESL: 62832882
|DOMAIN: wnp@killer.dallas.tx.us       TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD

Cheers,
--
O .		Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ont.