[unix-pc.general] Objective Programming Inc.

bamford@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Harold E. Bamford) (02/18/88)

I have just received a sales brochure from a company called Objective
Programming Incorporated.  They are trying to sell me two products,
Accuclock and Objective Utilities which are for use on the Unix PC.

The utilities package includes some programs for locating bad blocks on
a disk and assigning them to a file which is then never used.  This
utility is one that I have an immediate need for as I am getting reports
of bad blocks on a daily basis.

My question is:  Has anybody had experience with these people?  Are the
products reliable?  I don't want to buy this product if it is a dud or a
trojan, but I DO need a program as they have described.

Comments?

				Harold Bamford
--
				Harold Bamford, AT&T Bell Labs
				IHP 2F-524 (312) 416-7397

mark@gizzmo.UUCP (mark hilliard) (02/21/88)

In article <4849@ihlpg.ATT.COM> bamford@ihlpg.ATT.COM (Harold E. Bamford) writes:

>I have just received a sales brochure from a company called Objective
>Programming Incorporated.  They are trying to sell me two products,
>Accuclock and Objective Utilities which are for use on the Unix PC.

I have has some dealings with Objective, they are going to send me
their software to review and then post on the net.  I dont think
that this will be until next month. So far I am impressed with them.
The owner, David Solan, seems to be pretty straight forward. I have
purchased several products (att) from them and found their delivery to
be fast.

--
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
                                                {mhuxu,u1100a}-----\

Kdavid@gizzmo.UUCP (David Solan) (03/28/89)

Some time ago on USENET it was mentioned that the inaccuracy of the
real time clock on the UNIX PC is annoying.  Objective Programming has
a product, ACCUCLOCK (TM), Copyright (C) 1989 Objective Programming
Incorporated, All Rights Reserved, to keep the accuracy of your time
on the UNIX PC to within a fews seconds per YEAR.  More recently,
someone on USENET wanted to know if there was a program to map a given
block number to a file.  Our other proprietary software product for
the UNIX PX PC is Objective Utilities (TM), Copyright (C) 1989 Objective
Programming Incorporated, All Rights Reserved, which performs this
task and MUCH more (including turning off the blinking cursor).

While I am at it, let me reintroduce ourselves: we are an AT&T Value
Added Reseller (VAR) and Independent Software Vendor (ISV) and still
support the AT&T UNIX PC.  We actually have much of the entire
hardware line for the UNIX PC (and some system software as well),
including the machine itself, for sale.  In particular, we still stock
the Voice Power Board for this machine (with the 3 month AT&T
warranty).

If anyone on USENET wishes more information on any of our products,
please send your FULL and EXACT USPS ADDRESS to the address below and
brochures will be in the mail.  You could also contact me by voice
phone, as listed below, at any reasonable time, weekends included.

		David  Solan
		Objective Programming Incorporated
		Post Office Box 123
		Norwalk,  CT  06856
		Voice: (203) 866-6900
		attmail: <!dsolan> or <attmail!objctv!kdavid>
--
24 million Americans will die in the next 10 years without their seat belts on.
Buckle up now!                        {codas,u1100a}-----\