[unix-pc.general] DOS 73 Question

rcj@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Robert Johnson) (04/03/89)

Well, one more question regaring the PC-7300...This time about the
DOS 73 board.  Has anyone run WordPerfect 5.0 on it, and if so,
what compatibility probelms were found?  Same question for
Turbo Pascal 4.0.

Thanks,
   Robert

--
|  Robert C. Johnson                |  "Minds are like parachutes.       |
|   rcj@killer.dallas.tx.us         |   They only function when they are |

ccs@lazlo.UUCP (Clifford C. Skolnick) (04/03/89)

In article <7741@killer.Dallas.TX.US> rcj@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Robert Johnson) writes:
>Well, one more question regaring the PC-7300...This time about the
>DOS 73 board.  Has anyone run WordPerfect 5.0 on it, and if so,
>what compatibility probelms were found?  Same question for
>Turbo Pascal 4.0.

If you want to run the real PC specific type stuff, you should get a PC.
The DOS 73 card is not made to place an IBM PC inside, but to allow minimal
MS-DOS capability.  The cost (more than a PC) and performance (less than
a PC) support this.  Your going to have to make a decision on what type of
machine you want a UNIX machine, or a DOS machine.  If you need both,
perhaps a 386 UNIX system with VP/IX might do the trick, but that costs
MUCH more than a 3b1 and an AT!

--
Clifford C. Skolnick  | "Love is a strange thing.  It depends on what one
UUCP: ccs@lazlo.UUCP  | gives, and sometimes to give means give someone away"

srh@docwrk.UUCP (Steven R. Houser) (04/08/89)

In article <7741@killer.Dallas.TX.US> rcj@killer.Dallas.TX.US (Robert Johnson) writes:
>Well, one more question regaring the PC-7300...This time about the
>DOS 73 board.  Has anyone run WordPerfect 5.0 on it, and if so,
>what compatibility probelms were found?

I've run WordPerfect 5.0 on my DOS-73 board with no problems whatsoever.
Even the graphics show up.  Somehow, WordPerfect must be able to assess
what kind of video screen your system has--when I installed it, it was
automatically set for the 7300 Hercules screen.

Steve Houser
The Document Workshop