[unix-pc.general] DOS-73 "inport export??"

gwr@nz8r.UUCP (Gregory W. Ratcliff) (06/20/89)

Just got a DOS-73 board running in my system...
The docs make mention to importing and exporting
files from the DOS virtual disk to the unix-pc's
file system.  How is this done?  I really want
to be able to use my unix tools on the DOS-73's
files.  esp. vi, grep, word, etc

Anyone knowing how to do this please mail direct.

thanks
gwr

--
Gregory W. Ratcliff, {osu-cis}n8emr!uncle!nz8r!gwr
ham radio,aviation,tcp-ip

psfales@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (Peter Fales) (06/21/89)

In article <156@nz8r.UUCP>, gwr@nz8r.UUCP (Gregory W. Ratcliff) writes:
> Just got a DOS-73 board running in my system...
> The docs make mention to importing and exporting
> files from the DOS virtual disk to the unix-pc's
> file system.  How is this done?  I really want
> to be able to use my unix tools on the DOS-73's
> files.  esp. vi, grep, word, etc

The only thing I know how to is create a unix volume using
the "Session Configuration" menus.  If you tell it you have two
virtual disks, you can give one the normal "dvd000" name and
the other "unix"   When you run DOS, reading and writing Drive D:
will read and write from the real unix filesystem.

I am not sure if this is what you are asking, because it is in
the manual.  I am not aware of any mechanism that allow UNIX
to read the DOS files, but would be glad to be proved wrong.

--
Peter Fales			AT&T, Room 5B-420
				2000 N. Naperville Rd.