[unix-pc.general] SYSV-compatible curses for Unix-pc wanted

ton@baan.nl (Ton Gorter) (09/19/89)

The curses-library of 3.51 is not compatible with the standard System V one.
Is there anybody 'out there' who does have a compatible one?
I prefer source code, but an object code library would be fine too.

Thanks in advance.

--
Ton Gorter
ton@baan.nl

jeff@cjsa.WA.COM (Jeffery Small) (09/20/89)

ton@baan.nl (Ton Gorter) writes:

>The curses-library of 3.51 is not compatible with the standard System V one.
>Is there anybody 'out there' who does have a compatible one?
>I prefer source code, but an object code library would be fine too.

I'm not sure what you mean here.  I just finished writing a large curses-based
program which runs on both the UNIX-PC and on Sun machines using Sun's System-V
terminfo-based curses package.  The program uses windows and pads and it works
like a charm on all machines.  I have been impressed that I didn't uncover
any problems with the curses package - which was never my experience when
trying to use the older (and simpler) BSD curses.

You are not confusing the curses library with the TAM library are you?  Both
are loaded on the UNIX-PC.  Can you provide more information as to what
problems you are having?
--
Jeffery Small    (206) 485-5596            uw-beaver!uw-nsr!uw-warp
C. Jeffery Small and Associates                                    !cjsa!jeff