[unix-pc.general] Floppy controller chip

jarrett@gremlin.ucsd.edu (Brooke Jarrett) (09/29/89)

I am posting this request for a friend of mine.  For some reason he had
taken the floppy controller chip out of his 7300 and put it into an
envelope.  His wife threw out the envelope 8-(.
	Does anyone know what the chip numbers are.  If you happen to
have your machine apart, it is a 40 pin chip under the floppy drive.
				Thanks,
				Brooke Jarrett
				bjarrett@ucsd.edu		(work)
				ucsd!sdsu!berick!delbr!brooke	(home)

lenny@icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) (10/01/89)

In article <7141@sdcsvax.UCSD.Edu> bjarrett@ucsd.edu (Brooke Jarrett) writes:
|>I am posting this request for a friend of mine.  For some reason he had
|>taken the floppy controller chip out of his 7300 and put it into an
|>envelope.  His wife threw out the envelope 8-(.
Ooops!

The chip is the Western Digital WD2797-02 Floppy Disk Frmatter/Controller.
It should be readily available from most electronics suppliers.

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      [w] +1 (516) 589-7930 |
| lenny@icus.islp.ny.us     Telex; 154232428 ICUS      [h] +1 (516) 968-8576 |

lii@cbnewsd.ATT.COM (louis.i.ingwersen) (10/03/89)

In article <7141@sdcsvax.UCSD.Edu> bjarrett@ucsd.edu (Brooke Jarrett) writes:
>	Does anyone know what the chip numbers are.  If you happen to
>have your machine apart, it is a 40 pin chip under the floppy drive.
>				Thanks,
>				Brooke Jarrett
>				bjarrett@ucsd.edu		(work)
>				ucsd!sdsu!berick!delbr!brooke	(home)

The chip is a Western Digital 2797-02 controller chip.

				Lou Ingwersen
				AT&T-Bell Labs
				312-979-5396
				ihlpf!lii