[unix-pc.general] XT2190 Drives

dave@dms3b1.UUCP (Dave Hanna) (10/14/89)

In article <986@cgh.UUCP> paul@cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) writes:
>               , a Maxtor XT2190 drive ($1200 for a factory refurb;
>if anyone is interested in the source, let me know),

    It seems to me that would have wide enough interest to post
information on the source.  I was under the impression that 1140's
were going for close to $1500.

>--
>Paul Homchick                    :UUCP     {rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul

    Dave Hanna

--
Dave Hanna,  Infotouch Systems, Inc. |  "Do or do not -- There is no try"
P.O. Box 584, Bedford, TX 76095      |                        - Yoda

paul@cgh.UUCP (Paul Homchick) (10/16/89)

)
)    It seems to me that would have wide enough interest to post
)information on the source.

I got the drive from The Main Source Electronics Co. in Chatsworth, CA.
phone number is (818) 882-7500.  Ask for Scott Leif.

--
Paul Homchick                    :UUCP     {rutgers | uunet} !cbmvax!cgh!paul
Chimitt Gilman Homchick, Inc.    :Internet           cgh!paul@manta.pha.pa.us

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) (10/21/89)

Does anybody know anything about those guys in Chatsworth?

I was looking through Computer Shopper the other night for places
to repair Hard Disks and all but one of the places were *in* chatsworth.
And the ones in chatsworth all claimed a class 100 clean room.

Which leads me to believe they're all in cahoots somehow.  But they've
got different addressses & phone numbers & policies.  So maybe they
shared the cost of a clean room and run it as a group??  I dunno ....

(Still in the market for hard disk(s) so I can bring "davids"
back on the air..)
--
<- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david@ms.uky.edu>
<- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET