[unix-pc.general] request for info on OBM commands

bruces@daneel.rtech.com (Bruce Stewart) (02/10/90)

I'd like to set my OBM to dial tone instead of pulse; I'm not using the
phone manager, and so my OBM dials out in pulse by default.  I'd like the
analogous commands to ATDT for the OBM, so I can modify my uucp entries to
use tone dialing.  Any help gratefully accepted.

ADVTHANKSANCE.

-bruce stewart

brian@jerimy.UUCP (Brian T. Riley) (02/11/90)

In article <4715@rtech.rtech.com> bruces@daneel.rtech.com (Bruce Stewart) writes:
>I'd like to set my OBM to dial tone instead of pulse; I'm not using the
>phone manager, and so my OBM dials out in pulse by default.  I'd like the
>analogous commands to ATDT for the OBM, so I can modify my uucp entries to
>use tone dialing.  Any help gratefully accepted.
>
>ADVTHANKSANCE.
>
>-bruce stewart

Bruce,
	Go to Administration/Hardware/Telephone and look for lines that ask;

	Is Line # a Touch Tone line?

	and answer yes. This will make tone dialing the default.

	Hope this helps. :^}

Brian T. Riley                         UUNET:  brian@jerimy.UUCP
                                       GEnie:  BT.RILEY

To err is human, but, to really screw up requires the root password!